Your Streets Your Way is an initiative created by Lambeth Council, the design competition invites Lambeth community members to re-design 10 selected street locations across the borough, through mural design, wayfinding and other engaging design proposals, to improve the pedestrian and cycling experience for the people of Lambeth. With the chance to win prizes of up to £750 and the creation of their design idea in real life!
You will have the support of a dedicated design team to develop your idea, which will be assessed by a Local Judging Panel, made of local community members. A winner will be announced in each location.
Each winner will receive £750, there will also be a £500 cash prize for the Judge’s Choice and a £200 Runner Up cash prize for each location too.
For all winners, Judges Choices, and Runners Up under the age of 16 the maximum prize you will receive is a £100 voucher.
Who can Apply?
Everyone! This competition is about the changes you want to make to your streets. All applications are welcome, from creative individuals to community groups with little or no design experience.
How to Apply?
You can apply your submission in 6 simple steps!
- Visit the Your Streets Your Way website and click on the ‘Find out More’ button below.
- Select the location you would like to apply for.
- Click on the ‘How to Apply’ button beneath your selected site.
- Download the worksheet and application form for your selected site, by selecting the apply button beneath the location of your choice.
- Draw, paint or collage your submission (you are welcome to depict your idea as you please) and fill in the requested details on the form.
- Either upload an image of your submission and the completed form, send it via email to Y-S-Y-W@wemadethat.co.uk or post your submission to We Made That, Unit 21 Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, London SE1 3DG.
Note: If you do not have a printer, not to worry! Simply email Y-S-Y-W@wemadethat.co.uk, and let them know your name, address and chosen location and we will send you a form by post.
Deadline for all applications is Friday the 28th April!