We are supporting the government’s kickstart scheme by offering a placement for a young person.
The position available is Marketing & Communications Assistant. This placement will be 25 hours a week for 6 months.
You’ll be working collaboratively with other team members and be responsible for:
- Assisting the Marketing Lead in communicating with local businesses, spreading the word to our members about all the BID’s activities and benefits
- Research, write and publish regular BID communications, such as regular newsletters (on- and offline)
- Promote Brixton as a distinctive destination to consumers – tell the world about the great things happening in Brixton
- Supporting the team to deliver events
- Creating social media content
- To contribute ideas and suggestions to help progress work more effectively and efficiently
- To meet all learning commitments of the Kickstart scheme as directed by your line manager
- Identify opportunities and write content for PR, E-Shots, Case Studies and blog posts
You’ll be using the following software – adobe inDesign, mailchimp, hootsuite, MS Office programmes and wordpress.
As part of the kickstart placement we will also be providing training to prepare you for the next step in your career.