We have joined the Business Booster Campaign developed by Croydon BID. We are pushing the UK Government for urgent business support. There is universal concern that consumer confidence has evaporated and that financial support is urgently required for the businesses hurting most.
At the centre of this campaign, is a letter signed by stakeholders across the place management industry, including ourselves at Brixton BID, which will go to the Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer.
Matthew Sims, CEO of Croydon BID and Founder of the Business Booster campaign said: “It is baffling and alarming that our Chancellor is doggedly sticking to measures which are out of date and out of touch with the stark and desperate reality retail, hospitality and leisure are facing. Without swift intervention, many businesses will be faced with closures, layoffs and cutbacks masking the significant financial support Government has ploughed into these sectors during the pandemic a woeful waste of money.”
How to join the Business Booster Campaign
Croydon BID have provided all the tools and information to engage your MP, Councillors and media.
- Campaign Name: #BusinessBooster
- Creative toolkit: Croydon BID have created a social media toolkit for you to use as much as possible. They include an overall asset with all asks contained and individual asks to be used as freely as possible.
- Social media posts: Please make sure all social media posts contain the ask(s) – generic ask is for support/ individual asks to display the ask in text.
- Please make sure all social media posts contain the #BusinessBooster at the end of the post.
- Please can all social media posts utilise a variety of the creative assets.
- Please can your social media posts include your local MP – must start to build the clamour at Westminster with the campaign.
- Primary Social media platforms: LinkedIn and Twitter
- Social media post tags: Please keep the social posts coming thick and fast. Please can you tag @CroydonBID @BorisJohnson @RishiSunak and @10DowningStreet into ALL the posts alongside your local MPs.