We are looking for an Operations Manager to manage and deliver a variety of place-based projects under the BID’s 5-year business plan.
To manage and deliver a variety of place-based projects under the BID’s 5-year business plan. To work closely with and support the BID Managing Director, BID members, contractors and suppliers in the management and delivery of projects to support the BID’s mission. The role entails working closely with the colleagues and coordinate overall operations of the BID Company.
Operations Management 60%
- Coordinate overall operations of the BID company, including coordinating 2 team members
- Manage a variety of BID projects and be responsible for the delivery of projects and steering group meetings.
- Carry out relevant tasks related to the delivery of projects, initiatives, and events. This will include the monitoring of performance and outcomes.
Business Engagement 30%
- Engage with core business stakeholders mainly in person.
- Liaise with relevant suppliers, contractors, and external organisations to ensure the smooth running of projects.
Admin & other 10%
- Support the scoping and establishment of new projects.
- Collate relevant paperwork, reports, and presentations.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Work with the Managing Director to ensure annual business plans are set out with achievable timescales and KPIs.
- Represent the organisation and cover the duties of BID Managing Director, as and when required, in the attendance at meetings and events.
- Assist with the development of funding applications.
- Should be open, flexible and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be approachable and positive about work and other services, a team player.
- Must be committed to continuous professional development (CPD), taking opportunities to learn new skills and supporting the development of others.
- Must be committed to networking and sharing information and best practice and ideas with relevant networks and groups.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and tools.
- Experience working within Place Management, Retail, Markets or Business Improvement District organisations.
- Experience in line management and reporting to senior management.
- Knowledge of local partnerships, urban regeneration, public realm and Business Improvement Districts (BIDs).
- Demonstrable team working and partnership working skills.
- Experience of collating, researching, and analysing information and statistical data.
Terms & Conditions
Salary: £35,000.00 – £40,000.00 per year dependant on experience.
Position: Full-time, 12 Months Contract leading to permanent employment.
Schedule: 37.5h per week. Monday- Friday 9:00am- 5:30pm (with occasional evenings and weekends working).
Deadline: 5pm – 19th May 2022