As an employer, you must taking reasonable steps to protect your workers and others from coronavirus. Complete a COVID-19 risk assessment to help you manage risk and protect people.
- Outdoor seating for Hospitality venues – make sure it’s possible to set tables up for a maximum of 6 people and that each party is sat at least 2 metres apart.
- Retail fitting rooms can reopen, retail businesses should update their risk assessments for each premise where fitting rooms are being used.
- Personal Care Facilities looking at areas that might put staff and customers at the most risk.
At this stage of the reopening, a group of six people or two households can meet outside. Make sure the social distancing measures such as one-way systems and two-meters distance are in place on your premises.
Tell everyone you are open
Let your customers know you are reopening!
- Update your website with the recent information on your reopening & Covid-19 safety measures you have introduced
- Advertising your reopening and new safety measures to your customers on social media
- Send out a newsletter or welcome back email encouraging people to visit your venue
- Print a reopening poster and hang it on your door/window
- Check your business listing on Google and making sure all the information is up to date and the opening hours are correct.
The Restart Grant Scheme is for businesses on the ratings list only. Businesses must have been trading on 1st April 2021 to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme. It is expected that, although the business is not able to provide in-person services from the premises on 1st April 2021, trading and business activity is still ongoing.
Eligible businesses include:
- Non-essential retail (Strand 1)
- Hospitality (Strand 2)
- Leisure (Strand 2)
- Accommodation (Strand 2)
- Gym & Sport (Strand 2)
- Personal care (Strand 2)