London Business Hub recognises that SMEs and micro business owners now more than ever need access to specialist advice and support to help them have a level playing field when dealing/discussing with their commercial landlords on a range of property issues, some increasingly complex. That’s why the London Business Hub has launched a new service to help you find the right space and fully understand the costs associated with renting a property. They’re also here for you if you’re renegotiating a lease with your landlord.
Entrepreneurs and business owners taking part in the programme will have access to a series of free masterclasses on topics such as business rates, lease negotiations and more. The programme can also offer one-to-one support for your specific circumstances from expert property consultants Gerald Eve and other property professionals.
Therefore, the Property Advice Service is here to help. This program is designed to:
- Provide FREE support and advice to London based micro and small/medium size businesses
- Cover issues such as signing your first lease or license, renewing an existing one, rent disputes, considering going to arbitration and eviction.
The support will comprise of:
- A series of free masterclasses on topics such as Business Rates, Lease Negotiations and more
- Handling talks with your Local Authority on issues such as moving forward a change in planning use class and business rates
- How to use arbitration services to break an impasse in rent negotiations with your landlord
- Advice on how to negotiate an exit from a current lease/licence commitment
- The provision of 1:1 sessions, lasting 1 hour, for a selected group of London based micro or small/medium size businesses with Gerald Eve (International Property Consultants) and/or other legal professionals
To take part in this programme your business needs to:
- Have 250 or less employees (including yourself)
- Have an annual turnover below £44m
- Be based or trading in London