The Government has published a Spring 2021 Covid-19 response roadmap, which provides a four-step plan for gradually easing lockdown restrictions. The dates currently published for moving to each of the steps, and the related permitted activities relevant to MU members, are listed below.
Step 2: No earlier than 12 April 2021
- All music education provision permitted. Please see our Covid Teaching advice page for more details.
- Drive-in cinema, theatre and other performance events permitted.
- Weddings, wedding receptions, funerals and wakes: Weddings and civil partnership receptions now permitted, and guest limits increased. Fifteen guests allowed at weddings, civil partnership services and respective receptions, and at Wakes. The guest limit for funeral services remains at thirty. Musicians are not included in these guest limits.
- Live event pilots scheduled to begin.
Step 3: No earlier than 17 May 2021
- Indoor live performance permitted with audience limitations (1,000 people or 50% of venue capacity, whichever is lower).
- Outdoor live performance permitted with audience limitations (4,000 people or 50% of venue capacity, whichever is lower).
- Large outdoor seated events permitted with audience limitations (10,000 people or 25% of venue capacity, whichever is lower).
- Life events: A wider range now permitted to include Bar Mitzvahs and Christenings. Guest limit for all life events set at thirty. Musicians are not included in these guest limits.
- Busking is now permitted.
- Amateur activity is now permitted.
Step 4: No earlier than 21 June 2021
- Life events: No limit on guests.
- Re-opening of all remaining businesses, including nightclubs.
- Relaxation of limits on live performance events, subject to success of previous steps.