Participating small businesses in Brixton, including street and market traders based locally, will get the chance to utilise London’s first ever electric van sharing service, which will be available free of charge for eligible businesses from Monday 2nd December 2019.
Here are just some of the reasons why this is good for the area:
● Encourages businesses based locally to scrap their highly polluting vans
● Reduces number of vans on the roads generally, helping to tackle the area’s high congestion and pollution levels
● Reduces parking demand in the area
● Ensures local businesses can continue to operate in the current and expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ)
The EV shared van scheme is believed to be the first of its kind in the UK, and is the result of a joint collaboration between Lambeth Council, Brixton BID, Zipcar for Business and Cross River Partnership’s Clean Air Villages Programme. The project is funded by Lambeth Council and the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
“With this electric van from Zipcar now available for business use in Brixton, local businesses can now actively address clean air and carbon footprint issues whilst making savings. The Brixton BID is committed to the roll out of this partnership with Zipcar, Cross River Partnership, and Lambeth Council extending this electric van service to as many Brixton businesses as possible.”
– Michael Smith, Managing Director, Brixton BID
If you would like to use the Electric Van
Step 1. Contact Cross River Partnership for more information about the scheme and to sign up:
Kate Fenton via email email@example.com or by phone on 020 7641 4448 to sign up.
Step 2. Sign up with Zipcar (free membership for a year for new users):
Step 3. Book your free time slot and pick up the vehicle at its dedicated parking bay on Pulross Road.
Read more here Brixton EV leaflet.