We encourage local businesses eligible for the Local Restrictions Grant to apply for the grant. The LRSG (Closed) scheme applies to businesses that were legally required to close under the second national lockdown from 5th November to 2nd December 2020.
Eligible businesses include:
- non-essential retail (clothing stores, homeware stores, tobacco/vape shops; electronic goods and mobile phone shops; charity shops; photography studios; antique stores; markets; car and other vehicle showrooms; car washes; auction houses)
- hospitality (restaurants; pubs; bars; cafes; social clubs; members’ clubs)
- accommodation (hotels; hostels; B&Bs)
- personal care facilities (hair and beauty salons; tattoo parlours; spas; massage centres; tanning salons)
- entertainment and tourism (nightclubs; bingo halls; casinos; betting shops; indoor games; cinemas; theatres; museums)
- leisure (gyms; golf courses; sports courts; dance studios)
The grant awards are determined on the rateable value of eligible properties. Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of £15,000 or will receive a £1,334 grant. Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a £2,000 grant Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of £51,000 or above will receive a £3,000 grant.
If you are unsure if you qualify you can check the rateable value of your property on your business rates bill.
Businesses that could continue operating during the national lockdown because they could operate effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors) are not eligible, nor are businesses that are not legally required to close but have chosen to close.
Lambeth Council, to date, have now paid out over £1.3million of LRSG but there are still a number of grants applied that are outstanding. You need to apply via the following link: