Lambeth High-Speed Connect is a new initiative to support Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Lambeth to connect to high-speed broadband.
Launched in September 2021, organisations can get up to a maximum of £2,000 to help cover the cost of installing full fibre connection to a business premises. Funding will be available for up to 175 organisations – BME, female and disability led businesses are amongst those being encouraged to apply.
Your current internet connection must be below 30Mbps and any new agreement must provide for over 30Mbps, and be capable in the future of being configured to 1Gbps. This scheme covers the connection cost to enable for high-speed broadband only and does not fund any ongoing monthly or associated user costs, VAT or contract termination costs.
To be eligible for the Lambeth High-Speed Connect scheme, you must:
- Be a Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) employing less than 250 employees.
- Be a registered organisation or business based in Lambeth.
- Have at least 1 year of verified accounts.
- Pay all employees the London Living Wage.
- Have your current connectivity below 30Mbps and unable to upgrade without a significant connection charge being incurred.
- Place an order with an approved network provider within 28 days of a request for funding support being approved by Lambeth Council – after this time, the offer of funding will be withdrawn.
You will not be eligible for the Lambeth High-Speed Connect scheme if:
- you are currently able to upgrade above 30Mbps and achieve 1Gbps through signing a new user agreement because the bandwidth is already available at your business premises.
Follow these steps to apply for the scheme:
- Read the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions.
- Contact an approved network provider and secure a quote.
- Complete the Lambeth High-Speed Connect application form – remember to upload the network provider quote.
- Get confirmation from Lambeth Council of the amount to be funded (up to a maximum of £2,000) or not.
- On securing funding approval, place an order with the approved network provider within 28 days – after this time, the offer of funding will be withdrawn.
- Complete the installation/connection works for your new high-speed broadband.
- Lambeth Council will pay the network provider direct for the connection charge agreed in advance (but not the VAT).
- You will pay the remainder of the invoice, excluding the amount agreed with Lambeth Council for connection, but including the VAT associated with connection.