The Brixton BID Community Fund has been created to help build and support community initiatives within Brixton. Brixton BID will make available £5,000 per annum. Eligible groups can apply for up to £1,000 towards their project.
The fund is aimed at local organisations, social enterprises, charities, residents’ associations, and individuals working to deliver relevant initiatives taking place in and around the Brixton BID area.
The aim of the Community Fund is to support local organisations develop and realise their innovative ideas for making Brixton a better place for all. This can include – but is not limited to – ideas involving the creative arts, greening, youth activities, training, and events.
The application process will run throughout the year on a first-come, first-served basis. Individual grant applications can be submitted for up to £1,000. Only one entry per organisation or group per annum will be considered and project must benefit one of these topics:
- Young people
- Health & Wellbeing
- Safety Day & Night
- Recruitment & Unemployment
- Vulnerable members of the community
- Inclusivity & Diversity
- Community Building
- Applicants will be asked to deliver a detailed written project proposal up to 250 words
- A timeline for delivery of the project must be submitted with clear start and end dates
- Projects must benefit a minimum of one of the above-mentioned areas in the criteria (If there are other areas you feel your project may be beneficial in, please add these too your submission)
- Explain who will benefit from the proposed activity (e.g., businesses, local community, residents, young people, elderly, vulnerable)
- The Community Fund Panel will be responsible for reviewing and managing applications and will make final decisions on grand recipients
- Applications are open throughout the year until the fund is fully committed
- Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Open to all organisations including registered charities, community groups, local associations, residents’ groups, social enterprises, and individuals
- Must be willing to give regular project update to BID Community Fund team
- Must be willing to supply photos and marketing collateral of project
- If applying as a registered charity, registration number must be submitted
- If applying as an individual, you must have support from a local business (If individuals do not have local business mentorship/support, Brixton BID may be able to support individuals by matching them with relevant stakeholders).
The Community Fund Panel will be reviewing and managing the applications and will make all final decisions. Applications will be decided based on scoring criteria. Applicants need to achieve a minimum of 80% to be progressed to award stage. The main criteria used when scoring applications received will be:
- Impact on Brixton BID footprint (25%)
- The local community benefit and enjoyment which will result from the project (25%)
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project (25%)
- Approach taken to show evidence of delivery (25%)
Email applications with the subject line ‘Brixton BID Community Fund’ to email@example.com. Following successful receipt of the application, the Panel will aim to respond with a final decision within a month from the application date.