New 100% government backed loan scheme for small business mean:
- businesses will be able to borrow between £2,000 and £50,000 and access the cash within days
- loans will be interest free for the first 12 months, and businesses can apply online through a short and simple form (available from 9am Monday 4th May)
Small businesses will benefit from a new fast-track finance scheme providing loans with a 100% government-backed guarantee for lenders, the Chancellor announced today (Monday 27 April).
Rishi Sunak said the new Bounce Back Loans scheme, which will provide loans of up to £50,000, would help bolster the existing package of support available to the smallest businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
The loans will be easy to apply for through a short, standardised online application. The loan should reach businesses within days – providing immediate support to those that need it as easily as possible.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, said:
Our smallest businesses are the backbone of our economy and play a vital role in their communities. This new rapid loan scheme will help ensure they get the finance they need quickly to help survive this crisis.
This is in addition to business grants, tax deferrals, and the job retention scheme, which are already helping to support hundreds of thousands of small businesses.
Firms will be able to access these loans through a network of accredited lenders.
The government will work with lenders to ensure loans delivered through this scheme are advanced as quickly as possible and agree a low standardised level of interest for the remaining period of the loan.
Other Fiancial Support Available
Gov. Covid-19 support schemes have provided over £15 billion for business in just a few weeks, these include:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
- Business Grants
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- The Covid Corporate Financing Facility
- VAT deferrals
- Businesses Rates holiday
- Covering the cost of statutory sick pay
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS)